Adur Festival is a platform for arts development within Adur, hosted by the Ropetackle Trust. The festival is funded by various organisations including Arts Council England, and is a not-for-profit, open access event that celebrates Adur’s community and identity.
Adur Festival’s aims are to:
- Foster innovation and creativity.
- Generate a greater sense of community in Adur, by building bridges between culture, education and business.
- Benefit the reputation, economy and regeneration of Adur.
In 2016, the festival will focus on the following areas for development, subject to funding:
- Embedding high quality arts activity in the outlying areas of Adur such as Fishersgate, Southwick and Lancing with a programme of workshops and activity leading up to, during and post festival.
- Securing larger sums of funding earlier to secure the future of the festival in 2017 and beyond
- Developing audiences within LSOA’s, working closely with the West Sussex County Council Think Family initiative and the Community Development team at Adur Council.